156 Forklift Safety: Basic
A forklift is a powerful tool that allows one person to precisely lift and place large heavy loads with little effort. Using a tool such as a forklift, cart or hand truck instead of lifting and carrying items by hand can reduce the risk that you will suffer a back injury.
Every year nearly 100 workers are killed and 20,000 are seriously injured in forklift mishaps. This course contains general information about:
- the kinds of forklifts commonly available
- the principles of physics that allow a forklift to lift and move heavy loads safely
- forklift operator training requirements
- some basic operator safety rules
- hazardous locations where carbon monoxide is a problem or a special forklift is needed
- safety while servicing a forklift
This course is not designed to be a substitute for operator training in the operation of specific forklifts in a specific workplace as required by OSHA regulations.
As an OSHAcademy student, you have free access to 100% of our training materials, including module knowledge checks and course exams. We charge a small fee only if you decide to document your training through our official course certificates or transcripts.
- FREE Access
- $ PDF & Original Certificates
- $ Original Certificate
- $ PDF Certificate
Shipping & Handling not included for original certificate prices.